Pen Mill Infant and Nursery Academy

Strong foundations, greater opportunities.

Our child centred, language rich curriculum will enable every pupil to maximize their potential. They will recognise their strengths, develop a love for learning and be fully prepared for the next stage of their journey.

Tuition Fund


At Pen Mill Infant and Nursery Academy we have implemented provision for the Tuition Fund, we are using the School-Led Tutoring Grant is one of the three National Tutoring Programmes announced by the Government and made available to all academies and state-funded schools in England.  The grant is designed to help close the education gap between disadvantaged and vulnerable pupils and their peers.  Schools are expected to prioritise these pupils, however, schools have the flexibility to decide which pupils need the most support to help them catch-up on missed education.

This is a subsidised tutoring programme where the government pays 75% of the costs to designated providers and schools are required to pay the other 25%, this amount changes as the years progress with the Academy expected to increase its % or costs and the government decreasing their own.

Schools can choose between using internal teaching staff, sourcing local tutors or giving students access to online tutoring.  At Pen Mill Infant and Nursery Academy we chose to use this funding to deliver evidence based intervention programmes delivered by existing, highly skilled teaching staff

Please see the official government guidance below:

Please see the link below for Pen Mill Infant and Nursery Academy’s plan for how the Tutoring Grant is being used:

School led tutoring