PE and Sports Premium
At Pen Mill we are fortunate to receive a PE and sport premium grant to be used for projects that will make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport activities for all primary school pupils, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
This means that we use the grant to:
- Develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sports activities that the school already offers.
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
We use the premium to secure improvements in the following five key areas:
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – for example, by encouraging active play during break and lunchtimes
- Profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement – for example, by encouraging pupils to take on leadership or volunteer roles that support sport and physical activity within the school
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport – for example, by providing staff with professional development, mentoring, training and resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils – for example, by introducing new sports and physical activities to encourage more pupils to take up these activities
- Increased participation in competitive sport – for example, by organising, coordinating or entering more sport competitions or tournaments within the school or across the local area, including those run by sporting organisations